Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

It's June 21st

Summer Solstice

We now start loosing daylight.

My Dad would say it's now winter or at least
going to be soon.

Really though I can remember July 4th in AK and
feeling a nip in the air and wishing summer would last longer.


I'm glad here in WI we still have months of
nice weather yet.


Riding horses has gone well for Chyann.
She and Gypsy make a great pair.

She has managed to save up enough money
for a new English saddle that should be arriving tomorrow.

Chyann thinks Gypsy will look "fab" with the new saddle.
I'm sure she'll look fab, but what will it do for the
whole riding experience?
Guess we'll see.

Me riding Jenny has not gone well.
It's like we have to start all over again.
I'm going to call her last trainer and see if he has
any advice.

I am very flustered with that horse right now!


Also, no Lily baby yet.
Really, any time now....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff USED to say things like that until I assured him he needed to not say that in the summertime, he was more then welcome to say that on Dec 21 winter was over. Luckily he got the clue and hasnt said the other in a LONG LONG time, I dont think he wants to find my foot up his arse.
So sorry to hear about your set back with Jenny... that sucks!
Please give the kids my love and enjoy the longest day of the year!

tainterturtles said...

My mom always said she disliked her birthday (June 22) because it meant the days were going to start getting longer.

It sure turned out to be a nice night with the sun shining until 8:30 pm or so.

Good for Chyann for saving her money....good girl.

Aunt Krissy said...

I can hardly wait to see how sons' first day on the job went. Bummer about your horse. You just wnat to be able to enjoy the ride, not worry about having to jump off cause the horse is acting up.