Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A weekend home?

Yes that's right. 
We stayed home a whole weekend.
It's amazing the things you can get accomplished when you don't have to run kids to and fro.

The horses spent some time mowing for me.
Casper came over and nibbled on my shoe laces while I took a break in the shade from weed whacking.

It was beautiful out.
Not too hot and not a lot of humidity.

Caden gave me a headache he spent so much time riding the gocart.

Soon as the four big cows are gone (prob by the 16th) we are going to reseed the back pasture due to so much of the grass being washed away with all the rain we've had. 
Until then Caden is tearing it up and having a blast!

Playing around with the panoramic function on my camera while he raced down the driveway.
That back ridge in this picture is where Chyann and I will attempt a ride to on the 4th.

Speaking of rides we only managed two short rides over the weekend.
I actually put a saddle on Gypsy and rode her. 
Can't even remember the last time I used a saddle.
Felt pretty good.

I put an ad on Criags List to give away the kittens and they have all found new homes!
We are still on the list to get our barn cats nutered/spayed.
Hopefully soon!!!

Last home game for Caden tonight. 
I'm excited ~ Colton is even coming, how great is that!

We've got no big plans for the 4th since we both have to work on Friday.

Later :)


tainterturtles said...

Glad you all could spend the 4th together. Have fun and enjoy a couple cool drinks!

Nikker said...

Looks like you had a very busy weekend at home!
We're working day after the 4th too... I'll be in bed before the "works" even start! I must be getting old! (0:

Nikker said...

Ooops...wanted to add have a safe and Happy 4th! Hit post too early!! (0:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Have a great July 4th ride!

Nicole said...

Sad day that you had to work on the 5th. Just think, next year the 4th will fall on Friday. Makes things easier :)

SunnySD said...

That Casper - what a cutey! Congrats on getting all the kittens homes.

I ended up working on the 5th, too - only good thing was the phone hardly rang the whole day. I think everybody assumed we were closed. Wish we had been - lol!