Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday morning coffee

This morning when I went out to feed the animals I figured it was probably 15* maybe as warm as 20* since it sure felt warmer than it had been in some time outside.
Did my thing throwing hay and checking waters; went back to the house and looked at the thermometer on the back porch and see it's really only zero! That's when I realized there was no wind and that's why it felt so warm. 

Everyday I remind myself that spring will be here soon.

Deep breath now.



Anywho. 

Colton has joined a club at school and has a few very promising leads for internships over the coming summer. He's already applied for one that he is waiting to hear about. Hopefully he'll find out soon so he/we can start planning. Exciting times ahead for him. Like everything is on the cusp of happening and coming together. 

Caden's ipod broke recently and we sent it in to get either repaired or replaced. It sure has been nice him not having it. Not that he does much with it other than plug his headphones in and jam to music or play silly games - it's been a good break not having it factor in to daily life. Know what I mean?


I never got the skype thing going yesterday, took a nap instead after cleaning the house.

Alright...
I'm off to make some cinnamon rolls. 
later alligator 

4 comments:

Ami said...

Enjoy a cinnamon roll for me! I made some a few weeks ago that just weren't right. Too sweet and got too done so they weren't soft enough. We didn't even eat most of them.

We got about six inches of snow, which is very unusual for us, and now we have two inches of ice on top of it. I'm predicting at least a two hour late start for school tomorrow.

Our district will undoubtedly wait until I am up, showered and dressed for work before they call it, though.

tainterturtles said...

Cinnamon rolls? Ohhhh, nice Kellie.

Good luck to Colton on applying for internships....it's so valuable. Hope he gets one.

Aunt Krissy said...

I bet your house smelled wonderful! I'm sure that Colton will get one. he's a smart kid and they will see it.

Nicole said...

Isn't it crazy how the wind actually makes a difference!