Monday, July 23, 2012

Back to the grind and pickles

I had computer problems most of the weekend that ended my good blogging streak - drat!

We went to the farmers market on Saturday and got enough little cukes to make two batches of sweet and hot pickles.

I found the easiest recipe here.




Slice cukes and onions. Soak for two hours in salt and water, then rinse well.



Only thing I did differently was instead of dried cayenne peppers I used 2 jalapenos, 2 hot banana and 2 sweet banana peppers from the garden.


And on the second batch I added a small sprig of fresh dill to each jar.
Hardest part is going to be waiting the recommended two weeks for them to age.


Back to work today, unfortunately.

I really enjoyed my time off.
Spent some fun time with Chyann and Caden.
Didn't get to ride horses as much as I would have liked because it was so hot. Hopefully we will get some riding in this week since we've got some cooler temps heading our way.  

Colton made his return from Rock-Fest this morning.
He had a great time. Highlight of the trip for him, other than seeing a bunch of great bands, was getting pulled up on stage and singing a Guns N Roses song with a cover band in a beer tent. I am hoping some of the folks he was with will produce a picture or video of that!

alas, I must mosey off to bed. 5a comes entirely too early when you are coming off a good vacation.

night, night


1 comment:

Nikker said...

Your pickles look and sound great! :0)
Sorry you had to return to the daily grind!