Saturday, April 3, 2010

No Joke

It really was 82* at our house on April 1st!

Eau Claire even had an all time high temp of 84*.

Yes, this warm weather is unusual for WI, but I love it!



We are in need of some rain and finally got some yesterday
afternoon, in the form a strong thunderstorm.
Never heard how much rain we got, but it sure came down in
buckets for a while there.

The lightning and thunder were phenomenal too!
The kids and I were coming home from Chippewa Falls
when the storm hit. I had to slow to about 10mph and was
about to just pull over because I couldn't see due to the
rain driven wind.


Signs of spring are every where you look now.
These are the buds on the big Maple tree in our front yard.


The Willow tree


This is looking up into the Elm tree in front of the house.
Neat bird nest too.


The Arbor Day Foundation has a good web site
filled with helpful info on trees and since we are going to be
replanting a lot of small trees that sprung up
last year and probably get a few more fruit trees, it's
been a good resource.

I've really enjoyed spending time with the kids this
spring break. We've done a lot and even had some visitors
that I'll post about next week.

5 comments:

PAK ART said...

Can I come live with you? Our snow is melting - still gets below freezing at night though. Porch is always slick in the morning. I like your new side walls!

crochet lady said...

It sure was nice yesterday. The windy thunderstorm we had tossed some stuff around in our yard and knocked a lot of the buds off the trees, but was thankful for whatever rain we had. Hope there is more rain on the way. After all April showers bring May flowers right?

Like your background!

Aunt Krissy said...

I like the back ground too, but I did think that the cows were really cute! I had all my windows in the truck down at work. Very wet seats on the way home.

tainterturtles said...

I'm so happy it's spring. No flowers around our house yet, but my mom has lots of spring flowers blooming.

Lisa said...

I love that bird's nest. We don't have birds like that here. I also love rain and thunderstorms. We don't have many thunderstorms around here.