Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mmmmm, good

Yesterday was pie day for me.

I made these beautifully delicious blubarb and rhubarb pies.


Nothing like that first pie of the season.

I even got two bags of rhubarb in the freezer.
I decided to start stock piling it now because
I never seem to have enough at season's end.

It's a nice rainy day here today.
Going to be a busy one though.
Chyann's first volleyball tournament in Chippewa,
grocery shopping and tonight
is the prom!
I may be more excited for it than Colton is.

Good thing he was talking to a friends mother and
she asked where he ordered the corsage from.
He had no idea what a corsage was, she explained it
and he promptly called me.
I guess having never been to one and all that it didn't
dawn on me that a corsage was needed.
I called the flower place and placed the order, they asked me
what color the dress was so the flowers could be matched.

The conversation then went something like this:
Me - "Well, let me call you back."
Me - "Colton, what color is your dates dress?"
Son - "I don't know, I'll text her"
Son - "Brown"
Me - "Brown, are we talking dark brown, light brown,
a shimmery tan or what?"
Son - "She just said brown"
Me - "Great"
Me talking to the flower lady - "He said the dress is brown"
Flower lady - "Your kidding"
Me - "No"
Flower lady - "No idea if its dark or light or maybe what
material the dress is made of?"
Me - "No"
Flower lady - "It's going to be difficult matching flowers to
a brown dress - could be orange or yellow would
look nice, but white would be too light."
Me - "How about this, you use your best judgment
about what flowers to use and we'll call it good.
Flower lady - "Are you sure?"
Me - "Absolutely"

The above conversation was edited for time and content.

What a pain in the arse!
Who knew the color of the corsage would be such
a big deal? Not me.

Let's hope the whole prom experience goes well.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Works for me! I can smell that pie way over here.

Lisa said...

Oh man! Those pies look delish! I don't like pies.But I think I would actually eat them. Yum!

tainterturtles said...

Ohhhhh boy those pies look good. Where's the ice cream?

I hope Colton had fun at prom.