Thursday, August 29, 2013

We're home

safe and sound.
It was a wonderful trip!

The driving was a piece of cake, especially since we used Colton's GPS.
That thing is amazing. 
We navigated through and around the biggest cities in the mid-west with absolutely no trouble at all.
I think the Hubby'll be gettin one for Christmas.

My Mother and Gerry are doing well. 
I love being at their house. 
(sure it was hot and humid, but Mama's got central air so it was all good)
There is nothing that can compare to being in your Mother's company.
We laughed till we cried, then laughed some more.

My favorite thing to do is sit on their screened in front porch and watch the humming birds.
They've got two feeders that just buzz with activity.


The most I counted at one time was twelve, but they've seen as many as nineteen.


Mom and Opal watching the birds with me.


Panoramic shot from the porch.


Just as the sun was going down the cicada started making themselves known.
They make an incredible racket that I find annoying and soothing at the same time.


Some cows milling around.


My Mother is the greatest.
I miss her already - and not just her central air I swear.
It's like a freaking 100* here at home.
The fans are working over time.


It was hard getting back into work mode. 
We've got a lot to get done through this weekend and into next week.
Canning.
Salsa, beans, corn.
The kids are getting ready for school starting on Tuesday.
Colton heading back to college on Monday.
Clothes to wash/pack/sort.
All that good stuff.
And it's going to be HOT so we'll see how much I actually get accomplished. 

More of our trip in the days to come.
Later :)




3 comments:

Ami said...

Welcome back! I agree, there is just a... renewal in being with your mom. :)

Glad you had a safe trip and that you're blogging again. :)

Nikker said...

Glad you all had a good and safe trip!!
Can't wait for stories/photos!!

Nicole said...

Do you not have central air in your house?