Thursday, February 16, 2012

An optimist?

Last night I helped Chyann with a report on what an optimist is and discovered a few interesting things I thought I'd pass on.

Did you know that people who are positive - glass is half full type - live longer, have fewer health problems, less stress and are more well liked than negative people - glass is half empty type?

And did you know if you are a pessimist that you can actually change your way of looking at the world one thought at a time?

And that people naturally gravitate towards people who are optimists rather than pessimists?

Interesting.

My name is Kellie and I am an optimist.

I continually believe the best in people. Hope for the best in all situations. And strive to be a positive person.

If I didn't always look on the bright side I have no idea where I'd be today.


Speaking of positive, Chyann's doctors say they do not believe she will need any more surgeries to equalize her leg lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Only the removal of plates come 2013. Imagine that! Wonderful news!


5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

As long as I've known you Kellie, you've been an optimist. Always smiling always cheerful.

Wish more people could be like you Kellie girl!

Mikey said...

Hi Kellie, my name is Mikey and I'm an optimist too :)
So glad Chyann doesn't have to do any more surgeries!

Ami said...

GREAT news about surgery! That's awesome!!

As for the optimism thing?
I am not one. I don't think calling me a pessimist would be quite right, either, though.

I'm just... mental.

Aunt Krissy said...

That's why I'm drawn to you! xxoo

PAK ART said...

I'm an optimist too, but I'm married to a pessimist. I guess we equal each other out. Someone has to worry about stuff and it isn't me!