Monday, August 3, 2009

Got some rain

Yesterday was beautiful!
And last night we got some much needed rain.
It started about midnight and rained hard and steady for
a few hours. This am it was amazingly foggy, but burned off quickly.

We got a little over an inch.
The garden, yard and pasture all look much better.
Since we are in a drought our trees
are showing the stress of it by
the leaves turning colors prematurely.


This is the 100 year old Elm tree in front of our house.
It has whole branches that are brown and dead looking.

I hope it does not die on us.
My tree pictures are a bit blurry due to the wind blowing again today.
We picked 3 ice cream pails of green beans today and I have 2 tomato's
that are almost ready to pick!

4 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

That's a lot of green beans! Are you going to can some? or frz them?
I was out weeding tonight. (almost in the dark) and my tomats have just started to get a little hint of pink.... A little hint.

PAK ART said...

That's what I love about the lower '48, those huge elm and oak trees. Alaska just doesn't have the huge beautiful trees like down there. And they have such beautiful colors in the fall. Overall, are you happy you moved from AK or do you miss it?

tainterturtles said...

I'm sure your elm tree is just stressed...it should be ok.

We got lots of rain here last night. That was quite the lightening storm.

crochet lady said...

I love elm trees. A couple of years ago we lost a few to dutch elm disease. We have one huge one left and I am hoping and praying that we don't lose that one.

Maybe your tree has another problem, hope so, cause I don't think there is much you can do about dutch elm d.