Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All Alone...

Yesterday when I got off work Caden had already gone to a freinds house to spend the night, Chyann had been invited to spend the night with a friend and Cal and Colton were working on the white van. I took Chyann to her friends house and come home to work in the garden.

Look at those beautiful English cucumbers and that very cool lemon cucumber. I had actually forgotten that I had planted that variety. Cal purchased all the seeds this spring and for some reason got those two kinds. I've never had either of them. Hopefully they taste good.


After the guys got done working and feeding the animals Colton got a call inviting him to a friends house to spend the night. Yowzer!! Me and Cal all by ourselves? Sounds like a good time to me.

We had a delicious steak, baked tater, salad and garlic bread dinner all by our lonesomes. Then it was off to the pool..

Sure was a fun and relaxing evening.

Chyann is having an end of summer party tomorrow with five girls spending the night in a tent in the backyard or up in the hay mow. She plans on them swimming all day and having a fire to roast hot dogs and smores in the evening. Should be interesting and very loud. Good thing we had a peaceful night yesterday, because I'm sure there wont be any quiet around here tomorrow.

4 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Sounds like it will be LOUD at your house tmr.

tainterturtles said...

I didn't know you like steak Ms Kellie! Your dinner sounded wonderful. I'm glad you and hubby had some quiet time together. Hope the swim was good :)

PAK ART said...

That's good to have the kids at your house. I always liked it when they all came to my house because then I knew what they were up to. I'm sure the girls will love the horses and you can't beat a pool in the kind of heat your are having.

crochet lady said...

It's great to be alone sometimes, glad you and Cal had a nice evening.

Those cukes look good. I planted mine a little late and now they are over come by the summer and winter squash and the weeds.