Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This and that

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. 
We sure did. 


23 more days till Christmas.
Last year at this time I was totally done with shopping, all the holiday preparations and was eagerly awaiting my trip to AK to see the family and excited even about Christmas.

This year,I find that I haven't even started a damn thing having to do with the holiday and have no desire to do so.
Chyann says it's because we didn't go black Friday shopping this year. 
Maybe, but I don't think so. 

However I am beginning to feel a pressure to get some shit done and soon.

~~~

After my last post about my kuerig, I figured I'd show you my current favorite kitchen gadget.
Purchased at thrift sale this summer from my friend Linda for a whopping 3 bucks!

It slices, dices, juices, masher, rices, presses, cores and even extrudes!

I've only used it for making french fries so far and let me tell you it's the BEST 3 bucks I've ever spent!

Ever had sweet tater fries?
They are AMAZING!

Slice your fries, put them in a big bowl, melt a little butter and pour it over them and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, season salt, smidge of garlic or whatever you like - stir well.
Cajun seasoning is great too.

Put them in the oven and bake at 400* turning periodically, until they are as done as you like them. 
Approximately 40 minutes. 


The Dodger playing ball with a frozen apple.
Poor guy somehow broke a toenail yesterday and they are not even long. 

Caden freaked out when he saw the blood and brought him in the house. 
At which point he was so excited to be "in the house" he ran all over the place leaving bloody paw prints everywhere. 
ish.. 
Anyhow he is on the mend.


After Caden built a snow man he tackled it and used the base to climb the maple out front. 



later :)

3 comments:

Ami said...

Better a few bloody footprints on the floor than frozen horseshit on the couch. ;)

Kenzie Smith said...

I couldn't help but laugh about the footprints -- we had a similar incident with our lab. He somehow got into some powdered black rit dye and then he went outside in the wet grass it got wet.. Then he came running in the house. Ugh.

Nikker said...

I'm suddenly craving french fries!!