Thursday, October 15, 2009

Winter coats

The horses are getting their winter coats.

They are so soft and furry.

Cowboy is the guy who has the most dramatic
change with his coat.
He gets very dark, then
in the spring he'll get very light.


This is Cowboy and Chyann, picture taken
just the other day...


And this is them in July of 2008.
Quite a difference.

Scotch, he's a Welsh Pony and gets a nice thick coat.



Poor Gypsy and Jenny, they both have some
Arab blood and don't get very fuzzy like the
boys do. They get blankets instead.

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Cowboy, what a cute name. He's also a handsome little fellow.

The horse rider is a cutie pie too, hee, hee.

Aunt Krissy said...

I sure wish my goats would get a furry coat. I better bring them in the house!

crochet lady said...

There is quite a difference in that coat. Ponies are just pretty animals. I love seeing pics of yours.

PAK ART said...

Cowboy is so little! Or Chyann is very tall. I didn't know that anybody rode the miniatures. Are they miniatures or ponies? I don't know if I can tell the difference.

Kellie said...

Casper and Cowboy are mini's. They can carry aprox 90 pounds on their backs, but can pull about 300 pounds. Since Chyann only weighs 64lbs, she's ok to ride them.