Sunday, September 20, 2009

Football game and other stuff

Yesterday was Caden's first football game.

The kids practiced for and hour and a half before the
game and the game lasted for an hour.

The 1st grade was split up into two teams.
Each playing a 2nd grade team.

Caden's team won their game, while the other
1st grade team lost.

Caden didn't make any touch downs, but
caught the ball a few times and ran with it
until he got his flag pulled.

The game getting ready to start.



Just before they scored the first TD.


Team picture with the coaches.



Caden sure was pooped after all that running around.


The rest of our day was spent getting ready for ND.

Got the house clean and laundry done,
yard stuff put away,
van vacuumed out and washed.

I think we'll probably leave around noonish today
and will be home mid-day on Wednesday.

I hate to leave my garden right now
because I have oodles of tomato's ripe!
I've got some new salsa recipes
I want to try and make applesauce too.

Hopefully I'll still have some product to work with
when we get home.


7 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Nice football picture.

Have a safe drive to North Dakota...don't worry about your garden, it will be fine.

Aunt Krissy said...

Yep, don't woory about the garsen. I wont get into it at all! That's work and you know how I am lazy!

crochet lady said...

Cute photo of all those young football players!

PAK ART said...

Have a safe trip! I bet you were very proud of your son in his first football game. Way to go Caden!

Linda Foley said...

I just found your blog today, but I wanted to say, I am a transplanted (misplaced) Alaskan too! lol

I'll read over your blog very soon...

Kellie said...

Hey Linda! Glad to hear you are out there in blog world! Great picture of you.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?