Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pea Soup...

It is so foggy this am and so thick I can barley make out the huge willow tree 30 feet from my kitchen window. I can hear birds chirping, but they sound muted. Strange how everything seems muffled and distant, even the vehicles on the road have a quiet not quite there sound. We are expected to have temps in the mid 80's today. So I imagine the fog will burn off in no time.

I watched Krissy's goats while she was in MN. AND I know I locked the gate when I left!!! BUT she came home yesterday and the gate was wide open with no goats in sight. Happily I can report that they were hanging out in her barn all safe and sound, but she about had a heart attack! I feel bad. Did the goats get bored/lonely and mess with the chain that hooked on the gate? I know they were VERY happy to see me, trying to climb me and giving me the occasional head-butt. Kris is going to worry now if she ever has to go out of town again...

4 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

No worries, you can watch my goats whenever you want. I'm tickled that they hung around, They like me, the really really like me! Or, Im the big grain bucket.

tainterturtles said...

Don't worry, Aunt Krissy has super goats! They know who feeds them...their momma!

PAK ART said...

I'm sure she will trust you with goats again. I'm glad they didn't wander off though. I bet they got curious and knew nobody was around so decided to check it out. I bet they didn't know what to do with all that freedom so hurried into the barn to hide.

crochet lady said...

I think those gals are just getting too smart, they are learning how to open gates and party while mom is gone.