Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Day 2

Good Morning and Hello!

Today is day 2 of being laid off from my job of almost 10 years.
Talk about being blindsided.

When you work for a large company they are always reorganizing and restructuring to save money it seems. Two years ago in October they had massive layoffs, which I escaped unscathed. After which I assumed they must really value my knowledge and the specialty work I did to have kept me onboard while so many others lost their jobs.

Come to find out it was likely a numbers game and last time, I just got lucky (probably). They literally sent a sheet listing all the departments that were effected by the layoffs and the employees ages. Yes their ages. One column showed the ages of those let go and anther column showed the ages of the few people they kept on. To "prove" I suppose that the layoffs weren't just targeting the over 40 population of workers. Hundreds and hundreds of workers laid off throughout the US. Sigh.


What to do now? I have no clue, but I will figure it out.

In the mean time, last night laying in bed I decided to resume blogging. I composed a witty blog post in my head that of course makes no sense today.

later :)



3 comments:

Ami said...

Corporations don't give a shit for anyone. Only the bottom line. I'm sorry about the layoff, though. I got laid off back in January 1992. 'Restructuring' They assured me I was eligible for rehire. You know, if they ever had an opening again.

Why the hell would I want to go back???

The restructuring thing at the last company I worked for was a way to get out from under discrimination lawsuits. Dirty, nasty people. Grrr.

Lisa said...

Well that sucks! Big corps are all about the money. Nothing else. But on the bright side I'm glad to see you back in blogging land. I missed your blogs.

Nicole said...

OMG! I'm behind on reading these... I saw Day 2 title and was like huh, then I read. OMG! And isn't that wrong to show ages? Just curious.