Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Memorial weekend

 We enjoyed a great holiday weekend. 

Friday the kids all had a few friends over and we had a BBQ, complete with bonfire and smores. 


Saturday Chyann and I got all the garden plants and flowers purchased while the boys mowed and set up the baseball cage.
Sunday everyone pitched in to help plant both gardens and all the flowers in pots or flower beds. 

The weather was so beautiful both days. Finally some nice weather after the long winter and cool spring. 

The nice weather didn't last long though.
Monday brought thunderstorms and a little over 2" of rain. 
Fortunately instead of canceling the Memorial day parade outright like they did a few years ago it was moved to the high school gym. 

The school band director of 33 years is retiring at the end of this school year. 
Its hard to imagine the band program without him leading it. He has been such an influence on all our kids' lives. 
That's him in the picture below taking a final picture of the high school band.


Chyann is back to St Cloud and her job as an intern working 40 hours a week. 
Not sure when she'll be home again, probably around Fathers day. 

Still seems unreal that I lost my job. 
I am adjusting though. 
Trying to figure out what comes next.
Meanwhile my resume is updated and I am looking for possible positions while I establish a daily routine here at home.

Have a good one :) 

BTW
 Caden's school team lost their playoff game last week. So school baseball is done for another year. 





1 comment:

Nicole said...

I lost my job in April 2013. I remember what you're going through. Waking up every day wondering. It was extremely weird because Mark still had to get up and go through a routine at the time :). I'm so sorry.

And I know the bad weather. I'm sick of it! Tornadoes, rain, ugh!