Thursday, May 23, 2019

Day 3

Good Morning,

Well I managed to get a lot done yesterday. 
Cleaning, sorting of crap, laundry. cooking. 
Took a nap and painted my nails, which I don't usually do.
Toes yes, but never liked to do my finger nails because chipped and peeling polish looks like crap to me, unkempt and all that. 
Every time I glance at my fingers and see color I think, whos that?
Something different and since I'm a lady of leisure now, I've got the time.

Today we are going to the local nursing home to see Caden and the choir sing, then off to a town almost two hours away for the first baseball regional game. 
If they win, they will move on and play next week. If they don't high school ball is done for the season. 

We had a brutal winter here and the kids missed something like 11 days of school due to snow, ice storms, and blizzards. They made up a few days around the Easter holiday and added a few minutes to each school day which meant they only had to actually make up one day outside the original school schedule. With that being said our boy has six days until he is officially a Junior. 


Chyann has just completed her Junior year of college and has applied to graduate in May of 2020!
She has been on the deans list five of the six semesters she has completed. This is one determined and smart lady! 
She is coming home today to spend the holiday weekend with us. 
Can't wait to see her. 


Colton works at our local DNR in their forestry and wildlife division.
The state sent him to fire fighting school a few months ago and he is now certified to fight prairie fires. He has done controlled burns several times and could be called out for any wildfires that arise in our area. Pretty awesome the things he does!

The kids both came out to watch baseball on a Saturday a few weeks ago. 


Have a good one!


No comments: