Monday, May 29, 2017

Weekend wrap up


Man, these last four days flew by!

The lawn was mowed, two gardens planted, flowers potted, down front fence repaired, road trip half way across the state, baseball practice, house cleaning, Memorial Day parade and we are at Monday night. I definitely do not feel like working tomorrow.
Seems like one more day off should be in order to rest up from this busy weekend, but alas I will work.

My little garden ended up with 24 tomato plants.
Do you see Tater? She did a lot of supervising while I planted.
The other garden has the usual sweet and hot peppers, onions and cucumbers. I even have a bit of room left so will be picking up a few more plants this week to fill it out.


My favorite part of the weekend was the parade.
When we first moved here 15 years ago you could hardly get a spot on the old nursing home lawn to watch the parade, unfortunately every year the number of spectators dwindle. This year those of us who attended had plenty of elbow room.
We were thrilled to have Colton join us this year.


Caden with the high school marching band!
He looks super sharp in his uniform!


A nice turn out at the cemetery. The guest speaker spoke eloquently about surviving a war zone and then the reality of coming home to deal with your memories. Very moving.


Our boys.
Seems just like yesterday that it was Colton in the uniform instead of Caden.
Caden says he doesn't think the uniforms have been washed since then either lol


A few storms this evening brought more rain to water my thirsty garden.


Hope you have a great short week!
later

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Isn't it crazy how things dwindle like that. I'm sure there will be an influx at some point and it'll be back full... you think? Seems like that's how showing goes around here... it dwindles and then there's that influx and then it dwindles... etc.

Anonymous said...

Honey ,I finally got caught up on your blog....I swear my pills make me stupid...so proud of you for doing a blog...I really do enjoy reading it but when the kids are grown they will enjoy reading it....I love you