Friday, May 26, 2017

TGIF!

Memorial day weekend is here.

As soon as I finish drinking my coffee I'm heading out to pull some weeds in preparation of planting the garden tomorrow.

The Hubby thinks I should scale down the garden since we will be doing a lot of baseball over the summer. Yesterday afternoon when he suggested it, I said maybe. Today I'm thinking nope. I don't want to miss a single fresh tomato, pepper, squash, bean, onion, spinach or melon. It'll be a lot of work and probably a bit weedy at times, but I'll make it work.

A few pictures of my new friends.
Rose-breasted Grosbeak and a Baltimore Oriole.


I believe this is a house wren. He sits outside the dining room window and just sings and sings.


Everyone loves the vivid colors of the Cardinal.


We've had flocks of robins land in the apple trees too.
Love listening to the birds in the morning. Seems just before it gets light out is when they are the most vocal.

Anywho.
Big Memorial day parade on Monday and Caden will be in the high school band.

Enjoy your weekend.
later

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm trying my hand at a garden this year too. Any tips or suggestions? Mine has been planted for about 2 months now. It was planted on a whim...