Thursday, December 23, 2010

My nephew , secret Santa and more

Wow!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged!

Busy time of year for us, as I'm sure it is for everyone.

My nephew Cody, is going home to his family, my brothers, for Christmas tonight.
He has been in Afghanistan and is done with his tour now.
The kid is 19 and it's hard for me to fathom that he has been there, as a soldier, when I can only see him in my minds eye as this cute little curly haired blond baby with the blue eyes.
So, happy that he has made it home in one piece.

We have been Secret Santa'd.
Who, knew what an impression that would make on me.
I opened this very ordinary looking Christmas card last night and got a bit choked up.
Someone.
Someone I don't know who -- completely anonymously,
sent us a letter saying a couple in our town wanted to help make our holiday extra special by being a secret Santa. They gave us a gift card to our local market!
What a thoughtful, nice, gift.
And I have absolutely no idea who would do this.
So, Thank you, whoever you are.

The kids have been out of school for Christmas break since the 22nd.
So far no one has done much other than sleep in and play in the snow.
Which is fine, for now.. Next week they will get cracking on rooms/basement and those other projects I've got lined up for them.

Tomorrow I'm finishing the last of my shopping. Me and about half the state I'm sure.
I am hoping to get an early start and be home by noon for a nap.
That is probably wishful thinking, but right now it's sounds like a reasonable plan.

Toodles, for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of that person!

crochet lady said...

How very nice to get a secret blessing. Hope you had a happy Christmas!