Sunday, November 17, 2019

This and that

I tell you what, this working full time thing is hard work!

I am really enjoying the new job!
However being gone from the house for over 9 hours a day is taking some getting used to. My hours rotate daily, so some days I'm off at 430, 5 or 530p.
After getting home, changing, and tidying up its time to make dinner. 
Dinner has been the most problematic for me since I'm damned if I don't forget to take meat out to thaw in the fridge at least once a week! 
Today I'm going to make up a few casseroles that will just need to be reheated on week nights, which I hope will ease my weeknight meal time frustrations.

My working full time away from the house has been a transition for everyone. 
Including the pets. 
I have an entourage that follows me almost everywhere when I'm home and when I finally sit down, they pile on for cuddles and scratches that they've missed while I was gone.




Winter is trying to arrive in our part of WI. 
Had some super cold temps earlier last week that felt more like the deep freeze of January rather than mid-November. Then it warmed up some which allowed a bit of snow to fall. 

Our boy is back to working at the tree farm on weekends and a few days after school. They are getting ready for the holiday season and tree sales. Guess Caden has already sold a few trees even which seems to early to me, but some folks like to start celebrating the season early.
 His working after school will come to an end tomorrow as basketball practice starts. 

later :)






1 comment:

Ami said...

I LOVE my crock pot when we're out and about all day long and need to have something yummy for dinner.

I'm glad you're liking your job so far, must be a big change.