Sunday, October 27, 2019

Good NEWS!

I got a JOB!

Started working on Tuesday of last week. 
The job was kind of an afterthought that I applied for on a Sunday two weeks ago.
 I thought that might be a good job, but didn't have any experience in a doctors office so I didn't have high expectations of hearing back from them.

Received a request for a phone interview the next day, which went well. 
Then got a call for an in person interview, next day they called and offered me the job, which I would start four days later!
It was a whirlwind!

Remember that list I had of things I wanted in a job?
Well this one meets about all of them. 
Its close, only about ten miles from home. 
Will be a good drive in the winter because its a main road that is kept plowed (will only really have to worry about making it out the driveway).
Good benefits and wage. 
After I complete training I'll only work four days a week, which will be awesome!
The hours vary during the week, 730-430, 8-5 or 830-530 so no one gets stuck having to close everyday.
Its a small company with about 26 employees.
They had signs up all over welcoming me to the job on the first day. 
How cool was that?!

I even managed to meet up with my long time gal Krissy for lunch last week. 
Was so nice to see and visit with her!
I am hoping we will be able to do lunch a few times a month since I'll be working in the town she lives in. 

In other news Caden and his girlfriend carved pumpkins last week. 
Not sure why, but we haven't done pumpkins in several years. 
It was fun watching them do it and roasting the seeds. 


We've had a lot of rain this month, something like 8" so far. Isn't that crazy?
I am glad its rain and not snow though.

later :)


2 comments:

Ami said...

That's great news! I hope it will be something you really enjoy.

One of the things I don't love about my job is the working all alone thing... I do like to talk with other adults sometimes. :)

Caden's GF is adorable. He's pretty cute, too.

Nicole said...

It snowed... in Missouri... in October... last night. WHAT!?!? you sent us your snow. It's rained almost 6 days non stop and then snow. It wasn't much... check fb you'll see my pic blaming my husband's cousin. I swear, it's her fault!

Congrats on the job!!