Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful



Happy Thanksgiving!

Drinking coffee, listening to the boy in the basement playing a Neil Diamond classic tune on the ukulele makes for a fine start to this day.
I've got to get moving soon though, there are more pies to create. 

At work last week we were asked to provide a picture of ourselves age 12 or 22 for a group team building exercise. I spent yesterday digging through an old box of pictures and came across a clutch from years past Thanksgiving and Christmases. 
Made me nostalgic for those days of spending holidays with my family. I'd love to be puttering in the kitchen with them today. Playing cards or dominos after the meal and grazing on leftovers into the evening with them. Making memories for my kids to remember of "family" holidays. 


The first basketball game was this week. 
The boys won their game and played well together. 
Since he didn't play for the last two seasons he wasn't a starter and did some bench warming, but when he did play he was great!

It was like deja vu seeing all the boys together again (plus a new face or two), they aren't the little boys I remember from sixth grade. Odd man-boys have taken their place. 

With any luck next game Caden will be johnny on the spot and grab a better fitting pair of shorts.
I found it weird that they wont let the kids take the game clothes home to wash, I'd be sewing them to fit better if they did. 


Hope your turkey day is wonderful!
later

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Hi Kellie, sounds like you are busy with Caden and basketball games! Hope all is well with you and family. Do you ever get together with Krissy?