Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring is in the air...


and of course spring around here smells a whole lot like shit.
Horse, cow, dog, cat. 
You name it we've got it.

In the space of a week we got rid of all our snow. It's still pretty mucky/muddy out, but drying up nicely.

This is our first weekend at home with no tournaments to attend, in I don't even know how long.  Sure feels good to have some down time.

Last week Caden did some amazing wrestling though. 
I couldn't be more proud of him. 
This week will be pretty low key, just attending practices and working on skills as the 21st is the Regional tournament.
I can't even tell you how exciting this is for him and us. 

Little video of a match he had in Cornell.
The boy he wrestled was talking trash to Caden before the match trying to psych him out I guess, but it didn't work - Caden cleaned his clock!

 


Played a lot of ball yesterday with Dodger and Dozer. 
Dozer doesn't really do much at this point other than chase Dodger since Dodger will not let Dozer come near his ball and Dozer just barks and barks at him.


Happy worn out pup.



The willow tree has a hint of green to it already.
With all the wind we had throughout the winter it sure lost a lot of branches. Picking up the branches is on my agenda for today.



I got all the horses groomed up too.
Today I'm going to try for a little ride as well.


And Casper.
He is for sure sold and will be picked up on Tuesday.
ugh.. 
All his tack is clean and packed.



Colton has traveled from Berlin to Prague in the Czech Republic.
They are leaving there tomorrow heading for Budapest in Hungary. 
Wow, right?

Have a good one :)





2 comments:

Ami said...

I sometimes look at all the busy-ness that is my life and wonder how things get that way. Then I read what you've been up to for a week and realize that yes, I am busy, but you are busier. :)

How are you feeling about Casper going to live somewhere else? I know you wouldn't send him to a home that isn't a good place, but I bet it's going to be really hard to let the little guy go.

I am glad my kids weren't sporty, the trash talking and mean behaviors always piss me off. I understand it, but I don't like it.

And how cool that your son gets to see so much of the world. I have never wanted to go to those places myself, even less now that I'm older, but I always enjoy talking to people who have been there.

Hope you have a great week!!

Nikker said...

Hurray for spring...not so much the mud and dookie mixture, but for the end of winter!

Great video, pretty awesome how Caden kept that kid out of his head and got business handled.