Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not even funny....

My long awaited beloved dishwasher arrived yesterday.

I was giddy with anticipation!
And since I knew it was arriving, I didn't do dishes Tuesday night or all day on Wednesday - cuz I'm lazy like that and knew the new dishwasher would make quick work of all those dirty dishes - saving me time and some serious dishpan hands.

We decided to go with a convertible portable dishwasher. The original one I wanted was on back order for six weeks, so I ordered this beauty on Feb 16th. It took almost three weeks to be delivered to the nearest Sears store.

Isn't it a beauty?!!



Until you see the damage on the back that is....
Someone must have crunched it with the forklift while moving it around on it's THREE week journey to WI.


I didn't get any pictures of the other side as I was too busy on the phone COMPLAINING AS LOUDLY AS I COULD TO ANYONE THAT WOULD LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(the hubby re-boxed it up)

DAMN IT!!!!!!!

I was so disappointed.

After being passed around from one select your option telephone bullshit to another I finally found a nice live employee who was totally into the idea of "giving good customer service" to me.

I told him that this dishwasher was either going to be totally free or I needed a new one and NOT IN THREE DAMN WEEKS!

He was on board with that.

The tentative date for delivery is the 16th.

Meanwhile this banged up baby will sit in my kitchen until the exchange is made, all boxed up and mocking me as I do dishes by hand.



shit.

4 comments:

Lyndylou said...

I think I would have had a tantrum right then and there!!! My trusty old dishwasher has died and I am waiting for my new one to arrive so I feel your pain X

Lisa said...

Don't you hate the press 1, press 2, press 345 to speak to someone in "english". Yea, right. When my dishwasher died, I thought I would to.

tainterturtles said...

That happened to us when we had a new wash machine delivered to us. It came banged up, but they did give us a nice discount....that was Sears.

Hope you get your DW soon. Remember to smile Kellie!!!!

PAK ART said...

I love the way you write...I was feeling the beauty of that brand new dishwasher (and I would have waited on the dishes too) and then was right beside you with the dent. And then your final word, poetic.