Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day off

Over the weekend we noticed that Caden had some
seriously swelled lymph glands in his neck.
I wasn't really worried or anything because he
said he felt fine and was acting normal.

Yesterday morning he wakes up with a horribly sore neck.
No other symptoms, just the sore neck and those
glands are still huge.

Of course we can never get in with the pediatrician,
so we took him to urgent care.


He had strep throat the end of January and apparently
the antibiotics didn't completely do the trick for him
because he's got it again.

Bummer...

The doctor asked if anyone else at home had a sore throat.
I slowly raise my hand.

Yep, I've got it too.
No wonder I've been feeling like crap for the last week or so.
Not to mention, horribly cranky.

Today Caden and I are watching movies
enjoying our unexpected day off.

Toodles

3 comments:

crochet lady said...

Hope you both get to feeling better. Watching movies sounds fun. It's too bad that you have to be sick to have a day off.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!
rose

tainterturtles said...

When my kids were young, I use to catch their streph throat sickness. I always felt horrible, so I know how you are feeling Kellie.

Maybe you could take a second day off too.