Thursday, July 18, 2019

The heat is on...

Good Morning and welcome to another hot and sticky day in WI.

Much of the last week we've had high humidity and temperatures in the mid to high 80's. Gotta enjoy the warmth while we can, since winter is right around the corner as evidenced by the amount of daylight we are loosing every day. 

It's sure been wet too, so much so that I have mushrooms growing in the yard and gardens; which by the way have never looked so good! Since I'm not working yet I am able to stay on top of those areas like never before! I'm sure the Hubby and boys are enjoying my being able to take care of all that so they aren't required to help.

The job front has been dismal. 
There just isn't anything I want to do that is nearby and pays decent.
I am contemplating applying at the school, but I doint think Caden is too wild about that idea.
Will see. 

In other news, a local theater group had a talent show during the State Fair and Caden along with three friends decided to compete in it singing Country Roads by John Denver as a quartet, which they sang at our school spotlight night back in the spring. 

There were four categories you could enter - Dance, Vocal, Instrumental and Variety as a solo or group act.
Judging was based on skill & technical ability, stage presence, audience appeal, originality, and overall performance.


These guys totally rocked their performance!
The audience LOVED them!
They harmonized beautifully!





However they didn't win, which was a total bummer. I didn't even contemplate them not winning!
We thought each of the categories and acts would be judged separately, but NOPE. 
No idea how they can compare a group a amazing guys singing acapella to ballet dancers since to me those talents are completely different, but whatever. 
It was a good experience for them and they totally rocked it!

later :)

No comments: