Saturday, March 31, 2018

Saturday AM coffee

Today didn't start out quite like I'd planned. 

I came downstairs to find the rotten cats had had a party in my plants.
Yesterday I repotted three of them and the fresh dirt must have been too tempting to resist.
.

As I was pondering how to clean all this fresh damp black dirt I noticed the forecasted snow actually arrived, much to my chagrin.
Unfortunately not an early April fools joke.
Sigh.



After shoveling a path out to feed the horses - yes Scotch and Gypsy have made it through another winter. Although Scotch had a close call with a serious bout of colic back in January, they are both looking good for their advanced age of 35ish.

After cleaning up the all the dirt I am finally settling down to drink my coffee and do a little blog post as requested by and promised to my brother.

Honestly I've thought often of writing.
Even started a few that auto saved when I didn't go back to finish them. 

Life continues grinding and moving us forward. 

Basketball ended for Caden. Best C team record in school history with only one loss.

The school play Music Man was a wonderful master piece put together by the very talented students and staff of our school, not to mention the so generous efforts of volunteers.

Our boy was a traveling salesman, Jeacey Squires school board member turned barbershop quartet.







The new elementary music teacher did a wonderful job working with the quartet.


Caden and his buddy Drew.


A few after first show pictures.


The big kids came home for the show too.


If nothing else this will be our Christmas picture lol


This is the first weekend we have absolutely nothing going on, which is perfect since the driveway is so drifted in no one is going anywhere until its cleared. 

Anywho, enjoy the day. 
I'm off to assist with snow moving.

later









2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man! I'd think I'd cry if I would get that snow at this time of the year. And those dang cats! I have one table that holds all my plants and its full so they can't get on it to do any damage. Heh heh. Nice that your son has taken to singing. You must be very proud of him.
I know what you mean about blogging and then not posting. I have a few saved but not posted blogs myself. I'm a very controversial blogger in my head. And I write a lot of them but too chicken to post them. Especially since I'm a bit conservative and Canada is becoming a place that you can no longer post your conservative views. So I write the posts and then just save them. Maybe someday I'll post them.

Nicole said...

Gotta love Mother Nature!