Friday, September 9, 2011

Exciting stuff

I canned all last weekend and got a monster load of tomato's done. 5 batches of salsa, 2 batches of crushed tomato's and 1 batch of a newly found recipe for jalapeno cranberry jelly. I'll be doing even more this weekend - probably some tomato soup, spaghetti sauce and the jalapeno cranberry jelly. I think I'll even try a recipe for jalapeno apple jelly. Oh and applesauce...

I sure love the yellow and orange tomato's they are so meaty.



I filled my kitchen table two times with tomato's like this.



This is just a fraction of the peppers I used.




The kids are all doing well at school.

And on to my EXCITING news...

It looks like my Dad is coming to visit next Friday! You know what that means, right? Anxiety over a clean house. Not that we are pigs or anything, but I will be doing a good swabbing of the place before he gets here.

And even more news...

I have been approved to work from home!!
Same shitty hours, but we'll be saving about $375 bucks right off in gas! How about that??!! I'm quite thrilled at the prospect of working from home and I'll still be eligible for any schedule changes that come available.
After my Dad leaves we'll be fixing up the extra bedroom to be my work area. The company previously would supply everything from the computer to your desk and chair, but now days you just bring home the computer you were using at work and use your own desk, chair or whatever else you need. It will take three to four weeks to get all the connections made here at the house and I'll be ready to work from home!

Busy weekend ahead. Hope you enjoy yours :)




4 comments:

Ami said...

AWESOME on working from home!! I'd like to work from home, but 30 kids take up too much room.

I know what you mean about the clean... ack. But it's okay. He's coming to see YOU, not the house.
Isn't that what they always say?

Lisa said...

I would love to work from home!!

PAK ART said...

That is so wonderful!!! I've missed blogging for a few days and missed your awesome news. If I could work from home I'd be the happiest person in the world. I really hope this works out for you.

crochet lady said...

Those tomatoes looks so good! I really like the yellow ones too.

How great that you get to work from home now!