Friday, September 13, 2019

Animal Friday and other fun

Already the middle of September. 
Its been cool and wet here recently. 
Danged if between Tuesday and today that we didn't get almost 4" of rain. 
Barn is flooded of course. 
Standing water in the yard even.
I've been canning and applying for jobs. A few interviews here and there, but no offers and still nothing out there that I think I'd really like to do. sigh. 
Me and Dodgie the other day. 


In other news after YEARS of knowing we needed a new roof it has finally happened!
Look how pretty it is!


Got the garage done too and new gutters put on!
I think the hubby is most excited about those gutters. 
They have hinges on them to lift up for mowing, if you can believe that. 


Fall league baseball came to an end too. 
I tell you what, there is nothing better than seeing our boy playing at Mt. Simon. 
He thrives there.
The atmosphere, the instruction and coaches are the best around. 


His team took the championship again!
This was the fourth time he played in the fall league and has been on the winning team three times!
Unfortunately this was the last year he could play in the fall league due to aging out of the program.


Marching in our local firefighters parade last Saturday.


I think I will be picking the last of the peppers and tomatoes today and pulling the garden out tomorrow. 

Sunday we will try fall travel baseball in the cities again. 
Drove all the way there last Sunday only to be rained out. 
Came home and took a 2.5 hr nap lol

Have a good one!
later :)

2 comments:

Ami said...

Naps make life worth living again. :)
You've been awfully busy, are you sure you have time for a job?

Sandi said...

Haha...the title of your blog brought me here!

Your roof is beautiful. I like the many colors.